At VPG, we constantly strive for diagnostic excellence and one way we deliver this is through our team of expert clinical pathologists.
Following a successful project in 2016 by one of our pathologists, we now offer additional immunocytochemistry staining on the slides submitted for cytological interpretation. We are one of only a few commercial veterinary laboratories in the world able to offer this service on previously stained slides.
We provide veterinary professionals in practice with high quality diagnostic services including:
- Improvement in diagnostic accuracy made possible with immunohistochemistry which can now be applied to cytology slides.
- Slides submitted for cytology can be interpreted by a cytologist under routine cytology stains and the same slides can be used for immunostaining without any requirement for further sampling.
- Further maximising diagnostic accuracy with minimal invasion of the patient.
- Optimised immunostains for differentiating B- and T-cell lymphomas.
- Other markers: Cytokeratin, Vimentin, Melan A, Lysozyme and MHC II to help differentiate epithelial, mesenchymal, histiocytic and melanocytic tumours.
Learn more about our immunocytochemistry services. Contact our team.