Welcome to the Veterinary Pathology Group
What started as TDDS at the Innovation Centre in the University of Exeter, then followed with a further six laboratories as joint ventures with like-minded professionals across the UK & Ireland. Today these ventures are now collectively known as the Veterinary Pathology Group (VPG) and part of the SYNLAB Group.
The VPG aims to be the number one veterinary diagnostic provider in the world. Our ethos has, and always will be, to provide the best possible advice and care for our clients, with the healthcare of animals at the forefront of everything we do.
Operating from 6 separate laboratories based around the UK & Ireland, we have the resources and capacity to provide a nationwide service, resilience and expertise. This enables us to deliver:
- A comprehensive range of tests and diagnostic advice for domestic pets, horses, reptiles and birds as well as exotic species.
- A service covering all aspects of clinical pathology and microbiology, including comprehensive offerings in serology, immunology, PCR testing and toxicology.
- Expertise in cytology and histopathology, as well as immunocytochemistry and histochemistry.
- Accessible courier based diagnostics and rapid turnaround times.
- Dedicated pathology line for vets to discuss results.
Today we partner with over 2,000 veterinary professionals to provide a quality benchmark for clinical pathology, delivering expert and innovate services. Our laboratories offer the full range of clinical diagnostic services to first opinion and referral veterinary practices. We are the group of choice for nearly all the veterinary referral centres in the UK and Ireland because of our quality and the accessibility of our exceptional pathologists.
Innovation, research and development, and advancing medical and scientific practice are all hallmarks of what makes us who we are. At the VPG, we invest in people and our pathologists are trained to the highest available standard in the world (USA Boards) and we are at the heart of veterinary innovation; leading the field in the delivery of a digital cytology service that enables practices to scan cytology slides in-house and receive expert pathologist reports on exceptionally high-quality digital images within one hour, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Environmental, social and corporate governance is also very important to us at the VPG and we are committed to:
- Becoming a carbon-neutral business by 2025.
- Increasing female representation in the top and senior management positions.
- Increasing our focus on responsible supply-chain management.
Part of the SYNLAB Group
As part of the SYNLAB Group, we enjoy the advantages of being part of the leading medical diagnostic services provider in Europe. Being part of the SYNLAB Group also means we are not annexed to the corporate owners of veterinary practices, so we act independently across the veterinary profession in the UK and Europe which enables us to enhance the diagnostic services we deliver.
Together with SYNLAB Group, our focus is customer centric medical excellence. Our vision, to provide actionable diagnostics information for healthier animals.